I can't get blogger to work very well so I can't put my pictures in order! So I'll just explain everything now and then you can enjoy the pictures.
Mom, Ashleigh, and I spent a few days in New Mexico shopping and checking everything out before we picked dad up from the airport. Then, on Sunday, we drove up to Pagosa Springs, Colorado to spend a few days before Ashleigh had to be back in Abilene to defend her thesis. After we got to Colorado and unloaded the car, Dad wasn't able to get the trunk to close on the convertible. After spending several hours on the phone with GM in Michigan, they told us to go to the nearest Chrysler dealership to get it fixed. They said the nearest was in Durango (maybe 45 minutes away if I remember correctly). So we had to wait until Monday to call them and of course they are no longer a Chrysler dealership and don't work on them anymore either. We finally found the closest place-in Farmington, New Mexico. A towtruck came and towed the car down there. There is only one rental car place in Pagosa and they wouldn't let us rent a car to take across state lines. So, we finally decided it would be best for Shane to drive up and come get us so Ashleigh could be back in time to defend her thesis. He left Abilene about 5pm on Monday (after working all day at the dealership!), and finally arrived in Pagosa about 2 in the morning. I didn't ask how fast he drove or how he made it through the thunderstorms. He did almost hit an elk...but was able to stop in time! So, he was able to visit for a day before we spend our 3-year anniversary on the road back to Texas!
Enjoy the out of order pics!



No comments:
Post a Comment